- Ability to add external I/O interfaces to a Federal Signal Intelligent system or alerting and notification system
- 16 inputs to allow activation of messages or pre-programmed alerts or notifications
- Four output relays to control access controls systems, locks, lights, flashers, speakers, sirens, evacuation systems, etc.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) or AC Powered
- Radio interface for digital voice messages-to-radio communications (radio sold separately)
- 19” rack mount, wall or desk mount
- Compact size supports ease of deployment
Additional features continued below
- Tone and voice alerts compatible with Federal Signal UltraVoice controllers
- Small size with rugged construction
- Wired Ethernet, can be powered via PoE
- LED status indicator for power and connectivity
- RS232 port for driving an optional Scrolling Message Display
- Units are IP addressable individually, in groups or all at once
- Requires minimal network bandwidth and uses TCP/IP protocol
- Works with redundant Commander networks for reliable fail-safe operation
- Federal Commander software provides full two-way control and status monitoring of the Informer-IP. Commander is Windows 7®, Windows® Server 2012 and Windows® Server 2016 compatible
- UL and cUL Listed
The Informer I-IPSIU Series B provides multiple input/output interfaces to Federal Signal’s alert and notification system. It can also interface to radio systems for voice message broadcast. The I-IPSIU Series B is a network device with a 10/100 LAN interface, local digital voice messages, relay outputs and inputs for initiating devices; additionally, it stores local digital messages and programming information managed by Federal Signal Commander® control software. The new B models of the Informer SIU adds the ability to store pre-recorded messages on a removable micro-SD card.
An Informer I-IPSIU Series B can interface initiating devices to activate pre-determined messages or alerts within a mass notification system. The Informer I-IPSIU Series B can also interface to radio systems to push digital voice messages over radio systems. This allows the same digital voice messages sent over giant voice systems to also be played over radio systems. The Informer I-IPSIU Series B provides status monitoring and alarm information. Each Informer I-IPSIU Series B has four independent relays with normally open and normally closed contacts to control external devices such as access control systems, strobes, lights, sounders. An RS232 interface allows interface of digital message displays. The Informer I-IPSIU Series B also has 16 inputs which can be used to activate a broad range of capabilities.
The Informer I-IPSIU Series B is an ideal solution for large industrial complexes, healthcare facilities, schools, university campuses, office buildings, municipal facilities and other intelligent system applications.
|Output||4 N.O/ N.C relays with Maximum Voltage, 250VAC/30VDC maximum current 10A, Wire size 16-26 AWG|
|Input||16 – surge protected, optically-isolated inputs, Wire size 16-24 AWG|
|Operating Temperature Range||-22°F to +140°F /-30°C to +60°C|
|Humidity||0 – 95%, non-condensing|
|Dimensions||1.7" (H) x 14.0" (W) x 6.4" (D) (43.5mm x 355.6mm x 163.6mm)|
|Weight||2.5 lbs / 1.1 kg|
|Shipping Weight||4 lbs / 1.8 kg|
|I-IPSIU||I-IPSIU Sensor Interface Unit (Includes 19"rack mount and wall mounting)|