- » Software Download
- Marketing Updates
- Unitrol Siren Tones and other features added to the SmartSiren Platinum
- Federal Signal’s recently released, "B" revision Platinum siren models incorporate a new Ignition Timer feature
- Platinum Siren Design Enhancements
- New model SSP2000B-200 added to the SmartSiren Platinum product family
- Federal Signal introduces a new addition to the SmartSiren Platinum product family
- Interceptor Switch Module for Ford Police Interceptors
- Convergence Network Software Now Available on Federal Signal website
- Installation Manuals
To order product literature, visit our Mulitmedia site.
Technical Specs and Approvals
|Input Voltage:||11-16 VDC
|Operating Temp:||-30˚C to +65˚C
relays at full power -30˚C to 80˚C, relay power 60%
|Standby Draw:||less than .5 amps
|Dim. (H x W x L):||Amplifier - 4.4 in x 7.9 in x 7.6 in (11.2 cm x 20.2 cm x 19.3 cm)
Control Head - 3.2 in x 1.6 in x 6.8 in (8.3 cm x 4.1 cm x 17.3 cm)
|Shipping Weight:||10.0 lbs (4.5 kg)
Audible Equipment may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way. Audible equipment may cause hearing damage. Wear hearing protection. Refer to the Installation Manual or call 800/433-9132 for further instructions.
Important Warning for Police Boats and Fire Rescue Boats
It has come to our attention that police boat and fire rescue boat sirens and speakers may subject persons operating those craft to sound pressure levels that can cause permanent hearing loss. We recommend that speakers be located as far forward on the boat as possible, as recommended in the SAE Recommended Practice J1849 "Emergency Vehicle Sirens". However, unprotected exposures of a sufficient duration to properly located siren speakers can still create a risk of hearing loss.
It is our recommendation that your siren speakers should be relocated and persons operating these craft should wear hearing protection when using the siren system.
Failure to comply with these recommendations may result in temporary or permanent hearing loss to operators and passengers of these vehicles.
Where to Buy
SmartSiren Platinum is a siren/light control system and remote control head that provides a high-level of customizable control capability. With FS Convergence Network technology, the serial communication significantly reduces installation time.
SmartSiren Platinum Overall System Features
- Programmable siren/light controller with remote-mount amplifier
- Incorporates FS Convergence Network technology to provide a high level of customizable control capability
- “Plug-and-play” installation and programming software for easy configuration via laptop computer
SmartSiren Platinum Controller Features
- Provides customized control of siren, warning lights, directional lights, and other accessories
- Familiar and functional control head has 17 backlit push-buttons and 4-position slide switch
- Push-buttons turn brighter when activated, and brightness can also be dimmed or turned-off for stealth operation (STDBY)
- Push-buttons can be customized for “push-on”, “push-off”, “momentary”, or timed
- Ethernet port on control head for programming, allows programming to be done outside the vehicle without the amplifier
SmartSiren Platinum Amplifier Features
- Siren wail, yelp, hi-low, and priority tones
- Public Address (PA), Radio Rebroadcast, and Air Horn
- Aluminum housing with black-painted, die-cast base
SmartSiren Platinum Microphone Feature
- Noise-cancelling microphone plugs into control head, no need to run microphone cable back to amplifier
SmartSiren Platinum Programming Software
- Easy configuration via laptop computer
- Software available as download from FS website
- Configured programs may be extracted, modified, and stored for ease of service and re-use